Tuesday, April 28, 2009

CELEBRITY DOUBLE CALL IN LISBON





Celebrity fleetmates CELEBRITY CONSTELATTION and CELEBRITY SOLSTICE arriving Lisbon together on 27 April 2009.
The SOLSTICE did her inaugural call in Lisbon. Photos show the arrival of the ships early in the morning after a voyage in tandem from Ponta Delgada, Azores. More SOLSTICE images in the LISBON CRUISE SHIPS blog.
Texto e imagens /Text and images copyright L.M.Correia. For other posts and images, check our archive at the right column of the main page. Click on the photos to see them enlarged. Thanks for your visit and comments. Luís Miguel Correia

2 comments:

Pedro Baptista said...

... I don't dislike her. She's somehow elegant. However, I think she should have more dark blue in her hull. After all, that's Celebrity's trademark.

Anonymous said...

Luis, thanks for yet another set of beautiful photos.

I must admit I quite like the SOLSTICE, especially when seen broadside. Her
forward end does not look nearly as chunky or boxy as some of her less
attractive modern peers, and best of all are those two funnels. Admittedly they
would probably look better if they were in a more midships position, but it is
so nice to see funnels that are not big ugly boxes with a whole bunch of pipes
sticking out the top. And of course the Chandris logo looks good too.

I might be mistaken but I think the designers of these funnels had a quick peek
at past Chandris ships, especially the GALILEO. I have seen some photos on the
web of the aft funnel taken from astern. For a moment I thought I was looking at
a rear view of the Galileo's funnel.

I like her interiors too - modern, stylish without needing to look kitsch or
like the interior of a creche.

These are the little things that would tempt me to sail on board a ship like the
SOLSTICE.

Jonathan