Friday, December 29, 2006

NEW YEAR's EVE CRUISE SHIPS IN MADEIRA

I'm leaving Lisbon this evening for another phtographic expedition to Madeira Island to photograph 10 passenger and cruise ships in two days: QUEEN ELIZABETH 2 (30th December, sailing at 4.00 PM), AIDABLU, ATHENA, BLACK PRINCE, LOBO MARINHO, MSC MUSICA, ORIANA, THOMSON DESTINY, SAGA ROSE e VAN GOGH, all nine on the 31st for the New Year's eve Fireworks.
My first Madeira New Year expedition was in December 1977, when there where six ships, including the VAN GOGH, under her original name GRUZHIYA. Other visitor on 31.December1977 were the CALYPSO ex-Southern Cross, the MASSALIA, the MIKHAIL LERMONTOV abd the BLENHEIM.
Luís Miguel Correia - 2006

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many ships, so little time..

Anonymous said...

Sailor Girl,
The best thing about ships and time is that the best way to spend and enjoy our time is aboard ships at sea. Wish you many sailing days for 2007

MIGUEL C

Anonymous said...

Miguel,

Yes,my first trip to Madeira for the New Year was 1977, and I did photograph all the ships, including the MASSALIA...
I MISSED THE ORIANA IN mADEIRA, but did photograph her many times in Lisboa. I'll post some photos of her for you soon. I dis get the new ORIANA in Funchal this past December 31st..

Miguel C